Founded in 1984, Onex invests and manages capital on behalf of its shareholders, institutional investors and high net worth clients from around the world. Onex' platforms include: Onex Partners, private equity funds focused on larger opportunities in North America and Europe; ONCAP, private equity funds focused on middle market and smaller opportunities in North America; Onex Credit, which manages primarily non-investment grade debt through collateralized loan obligations, private debt and other credit strategies; and Gluskin Sheff's actively managed public equity and public credit funds.
We are looking for students to join Gluskin Sheff and Onex Credit as an Equity Research Co-op in our Toronto office. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work with senior investment professionals, take on increasing amounts of responsibilities and actively engaged in the investment decision process.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Conduct differentiated fundamental analysis on public equities by assessing the viability of its business models, industry positioning, financial metrics, and portfolio strategy
- Synthesize, communicate, and present investment ideas to Portfolio Managers and Analysts
- Attend meetings with executive management teams and sell-side analysts as part of the due diligence process -when evaluating investment ideas
- Listen to earnings calls and monitor news relating to your coverage universe/companies
- Experience building relative (comps and precedents) and intrinsic value models
- Effectively use available research tools to support the investment process
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Passion for public markets investing demonstrated through extra-curricular involvement, past job experiences, and/or personal investing
- Familiarity with Bloomberg is an asset
- Equity research, investment banking, consulting, private equity, or other related experience is an asset
- Excellent analytical capability, quantitative skills and financial fluency
- Financial modelling experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with investment professionals and build relationships across teams
- Great attention to detail
- Strong academic standing
Vaccination Policy: In an effort to reduce the risk of exposure to and transmission of COVID-19 and its variants, effective immediately, only fully vaccinated individuals will be permitted access to Onex' offices. It applies to all Onex employees. It also applies to visitors (including vendors, clients, candidates, investors, management teams) in certain office locations. We consider a person to be fully vaccinated when they have received a full course of World Health Organization (WHO) approved vaccines (including a combination of WHO approved vaccines) and 14 days has elapsed since their second or final shot. Onex will determine how to accommodate individuals with valid human rights exemption claims on a case-by-case basis. This is hybrid position – successful candidate will be required to be in office 2 to 3 days a working week.